of different shades...

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

My Sin

I made a mistake,
Of loving outside the peripheries of convention,
Without the capacity for love.

Yes, its true I never compromised with my desire to love,
I never had my moments of doubt,
I always knew it comes with a cost.

What I did deny was my inability to sustain it,
I knew I was not strong enough,
I knew I had nothing to back my love with,
No money, no stature, no substance.

They say thou ought not defy the conventional wisdom,
Of life, of love, of ...

I did.

So what I loved you,
So what I did that with all my energies,
I left none to build that world I had to,
For you.

No, I do not seek forgiveness,
Punish me, with you indifference,
With your perception of me that you are living with today.

Am sure, someday the life will come full circle,
It will get me all that I needed,
To stand as a man in this world of matter.

What I will not have,
Is the opportunity for penance.

I will live with my sin.

No comments: